What is a Boiler Service?
A boiler service will include of a full check of a gas boiler. The engineer will assess the physical condition of the boiler, installation pipework, air vents and any flues for wear and tear. They will carry out performance tests and take any necessary remedial action.
Boilers should be serviced regularly. Servicing your gas boiler regularly will make sure they are safe to use. It will also maintain your boiler efficiency, performance and also some boiler makes such as Valliant & IDEAL require an annual service to validate the warranty.
What Are The Signs That Your Appliance May Require A Service?
Gas Boilers should be serviced regularly but if you notice any of the warning signs below you should arrange for a Gas Safe registered engineer to service your appliance as soon as possible:
- Your gas appliance is not working properly
- Your appliance is burning with a lazy yellow flame instead of a crisp blue flame
- You can see black marks or stains on or around your gas appliances
- he pilot light keeps going out
- There is increased condensation in the room
Carbon monoxide poisoning can be fatal and is caused by faulty or poorly maintained appliances. It is vital that you get your boiler and gas appliances inspected and serviced annually to make sure they are working as safely and efficiently as possible.
What Do We Include As Part Of A Service?
- Clean burner and heat exchanger
- Check gas burner pressure
- Check Co2 and Co levels with a Combustion Analyser
- Check flue
- Visual check of appliance seals and casing
- Flame picture check
- Correct operation of safety devices
- Water pressure
- Check expansion vessel and pressure relief valve
- Visual check for leaks
- perational check